Sunday, June 20, 2010

Time for Rest?

Having a garage sale is hard work! I'm wiped out, but I made a serious contribution to my new camera fund. Hubby actually bought me my new Nikon D5000 as an early birthday present this week. He wanted me to have the camera to be able to document the birthday festivities that are coming up this next weekend.

I'll put up some garage sale pictures later this week after I catch up on some sleep and housework. Hubby's throwing me a birthday party this Friday so there's lots of cleaning to do, I'm throwing a bridal shower on Saturday so there's lots of cooking to do, we're driving down to the airport to pick up the college mission team that's returning from Bangladesh, I have plans with some of the other pastors' wives this week, the list goes on and on. There's a Barenaked Ladies song called Who Needs Sleep? that keeps popping into my head lately, when I'm trying to do too much and cutting sleep short as a result.

Who needs sleep?
Well you're never gonna get it.
Who needs sleep?
Tell me what's that for.
Who needs sleep?
Be happy with what you're getting.
There's a guy who's been awake since the second World War.

I need to add time for quiet and rest to the list of things to do or I'll just never get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment