Tuesday, June 1, 2010

There are no weeds...

just plants in the wrong place. That's what my landscape architect friend says anyway. So yesterday, in the rain, I dug up some daisies that were in the wrong place and brought them home with me. My parents' neighbors probably thought I was crazy out there in the empty lot, in my raincoat and flip flops, digging up the "weeds" and putting them in plastic grocery bags. I'm finding lots of joy in gardening this year, especially when the plants are free. I'm finding that I connect with my creator when I'm tending his creation.

On another note, hubby and I made some new friends tonight with our neighbors across the street. We've been very blessed with friendly and kind neighbors and have been wanting to use our home more often to serve others with hospitality. We had this couple and their daughter over for a nice relaxing dinner and really enjoyed getting to know them. I'm excited to see what the Lord is going to do with this new relationship.


tuesdays unwrapped at cats

2 comments:

  1. I love daisies, and they are popping up all over our yard!
    I have been wanting to use our home to serve others as well, but I always get caught up in the "it's not good enoughs" silly I know.

    Thanks for sharing, love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great that you are looking for ways to be hospitable. It is a gift from the Lord.

    ReplyDelete