Thursday, June 24, 2010

Sick of Playing Games

I've started playing the game again.
The one where I tell the world how great you are,
and then try to do it all on my own.
The one where I profess how much I love you with my words,
but hurt you with my actions.
The one where I claim you as my best friend,
but neglect to spend any time with you.
The one where I try to act like I have it all together
when it's really all falling apart.

It's way to easy to start this game and so hard to stop.
And I never win.

I end up a cheater, a liar, full of pride, and far from you.

Thank you for the mercy that draws me near again.
Thank you for the freedom that is offered in your victory over my silly games, my sin.
Thank you for opening my eyes to the lies. Keep them fixed on you instead.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so good at those games, too. Thanks for the kick in the pants.

    ReplyDelete