I crawled into bed last night exhausted. But it was the good kind of exhaustion, like the good kind of sore after a workout. I was tired because we worked our buns off this weekend, but I felt great about it. I think I'm officially nesting, because I did more cleaning and organizing in this past three day weekend than I've done in the past three months. It's a great feeling to get our house in order.
And having some accountability, feeling like I would need to come back here and post about my lists for the weekend, gave me a push to meet my goals. So here's the update on how we spent our weekend.
- Prayer walk the neighborhood with Jeff and Monte. I have lots of excuses for this one: snow, Monte's leash is at my parent's house, and I made so many trips up and down stairs this weekend that extra walking did not sound like fun.
- Use our Blockbuster Express free rental code (ESU11B good through 1/18). We got into watching Lost online instead. It was still free entertainment, so I'm ok with it.
- Paint something. I don't know what, but I have many projects waiting in the wings. I just feel the need to paint. Painting my nails counts right?
- Rearrange the furniture in the dinning room/kitchen. Done, including my new piano. It makes our home seem so much more peaceful and there are less flat surfaces for clutter.
- Purge the magazines. About halfway done. I'm going through them and tearing out any recipes that I may have missed, so it's taking a little longer.
- Make Colossians memory books. Done with hubby's help.
- Get donations ready to go out the door. Two garbage bags have been loaded in my trunk. Just need to stop at the thrift store and drop them off.
- Start and finish cleaning the house. It's much cleaner than it was on Friday morning!
- Make chicken stock. Done and used some for last night's dinner.