Monday, May 10, 2010

Sissy's Graduation

My little sissy graduated from college this past Saturday. It was a day filled with great memories and lots of proud moments. My hubby graduated from the same university three years ago, I graduated from there four years ago, and my parents graduated as Spartans 35 years ago. It was fun to remember our days on the banks of the Red Cedar and to celebrate my sister joining the fold of MSU alumni. She'll tell you that she's always lived in my shadow, but as she graduated with high honors, a job lined up, and a bright smile ready to be shared with the world, she's shining so brightly nothing could overshadow her. And I could not be more proud.

We didn't always have a good relationship. We fought often when we were young. Over toys, who got to sit in the front seat, who got to play on the computer, eventually clothes, but thankfully never boys. I pulled her hair and bossed her around. I showed her sinfulness at its worst. And over time she's shown me forgiveness. Now I call her not only my sissy, but my best friend.

And that's GRACE.

No comments:

Post a Comment